Are you ready to party? Last weekend, the Krewe of Massalina kicked off the Panama City Mardi Gras festivities with an exciting parade through the streets of downtown Panama City. This weekend, Friday February 5th and Saturday February 6th, the celebrations are coming to Panama City Beach, and it’s going to be HUGE!
Officially named “Mardi Gras at the Beach”, Panama City Beach’s Mardi Gras parade and festivities are sponsored by the Krewe of Dominique Youx, who have over 185 members and have celebrated the festive Mardi Gras season in Bay County for over 22 years. This year’s event will again be held at Pier Park, where the streets and party atmosphere will undoubtedly resemble that of New Orleans’ French Quarter, complete with live bands, Cajun food, and fun for all! This Panama City Beach Mardi Gras festival is actually spread out over two days this year, and is set to be the biggest and best yet – so be prepared to seriously laissez le bon temps rouler!
Here’s the lowdown of exactly what’s happening.
Friday, February 5th 2010 – 5:00 pm to Midnight.
- A street dance with live bands and entertainment
- Great Cajun food, gumbo, & low country boils
- Liquid libations for pirates of all ages
- Tours of a Mardi Gras float
- Display of classic cars
- Lots of pirate beads and Krewe doubloons to give away
- Meet Krewe Kings & Queens and have your picture taken with royalty
- Fun and radio contests with media sponsor Magic Broadcasting/Island 106
- Merchants will have beads, trinkets, hats, t-shirts and lots more
Saturday, February 6th 2010 – 10:00 am
- Panama City Beach Mardi Gras Kid’s Parade makes its way through Pier Park
Saturday, February 6th 2010 – 2:00 pm
- Panama City Beach Mardi Gras Parade starts at Seahaven on Front Beach Road and continues through Pier Park. The parade will feature many unique floats and Krewes in costume with lots of beads and treats to throw out to the crowd.
After the parade, the Panama City Beach Mardi Gras festival will continue until midnight with live music and entertainment, great Cajun food, liquid libations and fun for all ages! Bear in mind this event will be very busy, so make sure you arrive early to secure your spot for the parade, and allow plenty of time for parking!