The roar of motorcycles, Thunder Beach is in the air, along with sweet tunes, warm air and covered by blue skies. This couldn’t be a better weekend to get out to the beach and sift your toes through the sand. Be sure to keep an eye on some of the other events we have around the area this weekend too!
Month: September 2010
Thunder Beach Weekend Schedule
Photo of Pat Travers by Jeannie Cooper.
The Thunder Beach Autumn Motorcycle Rally is here, this weekend is the weekend to enjoy the weather, ride your bike, be safe and enjoy some awesome entertainment.
We’ve taken the time to get the entire weekend’s schedule published right here on PCBdaily.com. There’s tons going on this weekend all up and down Panama City Beach. Check after the break for the full breakdown.
Weekend Weather – Blue Skies, Warm Weather, Cool Nights
Weather wise – Panama city Beach has outdone itself- if you’re hearing about a tropical depression bringing bad weather to Florida – the other Florida – here on the Panhandle we could not ask for better weather to usher in October! Cool and dry; you can even pack that tissue weight longsleeved tee you’ve been wanting to wear – or just bring a cute sleevless top to put with some black jeans and high boots! This weekend’s weather will be perfect for Thunder Beach.
Continue reading “Weekend Weather – Blue Skies, Warm Weather, Cool Nights”
Weekend Events – Thunder Beach, Oktoberfest, Dread Clampitt
Have you looked at the weather? – Wait-stay here – The main thing you’ll need this weekend on Panama City Beach is a nap; do bring sunscreen so you can nap on the beach if you like. There are tons of great things happening in Panama City Beach this weekend, including Thunder Beach (and all their associated venues), Oktoberfest and more!
There is truly something for everyone here this weekend!
Continue reading “Weekend Events – Thunder Beach, Oktoberfest, Dread Clampitt”
The BP Effect – Finn’s Island Style Grub
The BP Effect series is brought to you by attorneys Reich & Binstock and Seeger Weiss LLP, which are helping businesses in Panama City Beach recover losses sustained directly and indirectly from the Deep Water Horizon oil spill. They can help your business too,
Best fish tacos in PCB.
They said he has the best fish tacos in town. Knowing the term “best” is relative, depending on who’s using it, the term “best” is relevant to me in my description of them; they are delicious. But, I’m hardly a fish taco connoisseur. After countless emails raving about the superb quality of Finn’s Island Style Grubb, located next to Mr. Surf’s Surf Shop on Thomas Drive, I had to check them out. What I found was amazing, and what owner Justin Buxton does to his fish tacos is inspiring. His business model is simple: provide excellent quality, unique flavor, keep it small and do it in a laid back atmosphere. This is what kept him in business over the summer when oil threatened the beaches of Panama City Beach, trashing summer tourism numbers and possibly damaging the perception of Panama City Beach for years to come.
Weekly Fishing Report – Snapper Season to Open Friday
Here’s your Panama City Beach fishing report from Sunjammers Watersports. Mackeral are biting at the Russell Fields pier across from Pier Park, kayakers are catching sailfish and Snapper season is opening back up on October 1 through November 21st.
FREE Sterling Resorts Vacation AND Seafood Festival Tickets
Wow, this must be the week. If you’re reading this, take the hint and plan your next trip to Panama City Beach. 😉
We just posted our latest survey, and to bait your responses, one of the prizes is a two night stay at Laketown Wharf, amongst a flury of other very cool prizes. But, this isn’t about our survey, this is about what Sterling Resorts is doing. It’s really awesome.
They’re giving away a two night, three day stay in a TWO bedroom condo at one of their Panama City Beach resorts. As if that wasn’t enough, this vacation is on the Panama City Beach Seafood Wine and Music Festival weekend and is accompanied by 5 three day tickets to the festival, so you can come with your whole family, enjoy the festival all weekend and go home with memories that will last a lifetime. And, in the spirit of a late night infomercial – wait, there’s more! Also included, the winner will get a $50 gift certificate to Buffalo Wild Wings.
Continue reading “FREE Sterling Resorts Vacation AND Seafood Festival Tickets”
Take 3 Question Survey = $1,000 in Giveaways!!
That’s right, you read correctly, all you have to do is answer three questions (multiple choice – no wrong answers) and you have a chance to win $1,000 worth of stuff. We are putting something big together, and we need you to tell us your favorite seafood place, burger and sandwich place and your favorite resort or condo. The survey won’t take you more than 4 minutes.
For taking the time to answer these quick questions, you’ll have a chance to win:
- A 2 night, 2 bedroom FREE vacation at Laketown Wharf in Panama City Beach.
- 2 seats in Mike’s cooking class at Liza’s Kitchen (gourmet food, paired with perfect wine, so delish)
- 4 tickets to the PCB Seafood Wine and Music Fest (Lynyrd Skynyrd is playing!!!)
- Another set of 4 tickets to the PCB Seafood Wine and Music Fest
So, what are we up to, you ask? I can’t tell you, it’s top secret. But, you’re gonna love it. You can tell we are all about knowing what you think is best in Panama City Beach with these ultra sweet prizes we’re putting up for you to win for taking the survey.
There are a total of three survey questions, each one has all the options we could find for that category, listed in alphabetical order. If you have trouble picking just one, in each category, you can pick up to three of your favs. If some how we missed your favorite, just list it in the “other” field.
Here is how it’s going to all work.
- You take the survey – click here to take now.
- The survey ends on October 7th at noon cst.
- We’ll pick the winners of the prizes – there are 4 winners total
- The winners will be notified by end of business on October 7th.
- The winners will be able to pick up the Seafood Festival tickets on Friday October 8th
- The winners of the other prizes can pick them up at the PCBDaily offices, or we can mail them to you.
Here is some general information about the prizes.
- Laketown Wharf – Facebook page, website, blog.
- Liza’s Kitchen – website, Facebook page, cooking class info
- I’ve personally attended this cooking class twice, both times it’s been nothing short of amazing.
- Panama City Beach Seafood Wine and Music Festival – website – Lynyrd Skynrd was just announced to be playing, along with REO Speedwagon and Little River Band. This year’s lineup is the best it has ever been.
- Each entrant can enter once and only once (we can verify this by ip AND cookies) and must use a valid first name and email address.
- Contest begins when this post is published and ends on Thursday October 7th, 2010 at 12 noon CST. We’ll choose the winners later that day.
- There will be 4 winners total.
- By entering you are opting in to receive future newsletters and emails from PCBDaily and CYber SYtes and you are opening yourself up to the greatest resource for news and information Panama City Beach has to offer.
- If you are selected and you do not respond to our email notifying you of winning within 7 calendar days of the close of the contest, then we reserve the right to award the prize to another entrant.
- This giveaway is open to anyone in the continental United States. If you win, you will be solely responsible for making arrangements with CYber SYtes to redeem your prize. Or depending on the prize, we may be willing to mail your prize to you, so long as you say please, nicely.
- Read full rules here.
Anticipation… Oh Those Closing Delays!
As usual I try to concentrate on what is going on in our Real Real Estate world and there have been plenty of challenges to think and write about. I have found however if you are proactive it may lessen the sting for you and your customers. A new trend or new challenge for all of us has been the dreaded closing delay. Delays have become the norm rather than the exception so I thought it would be good to go over some of the causes so our customers can be forewarned and be ready.
Having a contract is a GREAT thing for all of us but as the old song says,”We have only just begun…”
According to the National Association of Realtors between 10 and 14 percent of pending transactions don’t close. Another 20 percent are delayed and that statistic is rising!!!!
One of our biggest defenses is letting our customers know up front that there may be delays and to be prepared for them so they are not taken aback at the last hour!!! The area of loan approval and qualifications is a big area that has been causing the delay of close.
Buyers need to be aware that qualifications are tricky these days and even getting a pre-qualification letter does not mean the buyer will be approved for the loan. Many banks are no longer issueing pre-approval letters. Verifying income and assets up front is vital in knowing the financial health of the buyer. New requirements under the Real Estate Settlement and Procedures Act have brought changes to the way banks are able to qualify buyers. Continue reading “Anticipation… Oh Those Closing Delays!”
Weekend Beach Update – Video
This weekend should be amazing for visiting the beach. If you’re planning a trip down here, you’re in for a real treat. Along with great weather, there are tons of great events to keep you and your family occupied should you get bored of the beach (yea, right).
Enjoy the emerald coast waters, here’s a sneek peek of what you can expect this weekend – in HD!