With all the media coverage, conflicting news reports and heartbreaking images surrounding the Deepwater Horizon oil spill, it’s understandable to fear for the spectacular white beaches of Panama City Beach. Local residents and business owners are already feeling the effects without so much as a tar ball in sight, and concerned vacationers are left confused about whether the potential for oil will jeopardize this year’s hard-earned family vacation. While predictions are optimistic and the beautiful beaches of Panama City Beach remain clean and open for business, here’s a reminder that even away from the beaches, Panama City Beach is a great choice for a fun getaway or a relaxing break in our sun-drenched paradise. Here’s a list of reasons to come on down anyway.
- Pools, Pools, and More Pools! If it’s hours of lazing by the water with a cool drink and a suntan you’re after, there’s no better place. Resorts, hotels and condos in Panama City Beach come complete with some of the best pools in the state. Choose from large pools with waterslides, lazy river and poolside grill/bar to quiet, boutique pools where all you can hear are the palms swaying in the breeze.
- All our Amazing Attractions. Who needs the beach? Panama City Beach has always offered lots of fun activities and things to do, but now we have more attractions than ever! The list includes Gulf World Marine Park, ZooWorld, Ripley’s Believe it or Not Museum, WonderWorks, Miracle Strip Amusements at Pier Park and a ton of others for all ages.
- Shipwreck Island Water Park. There’s no better way to beat the Florida heat and get your splash fix than to enjoy the multitude of rides, lazy river and wave pool at Shipwreck Island. Located in the center of Panama City Beach, Shipwreck is a tropically-themed water park with something for everyone, and is one of northwest Florida’s top attractions.
- Our Action-Packed Nightlife. Panama City Beach is a family-friendly destination, but if you’re a fan of going out after the sun goes down, then our nightlife alone is worth the trip. Enjoy everything from live music to karaoke, Tootsie’s world-famous country hotspot and Club La Vela – one of the nation’s largest dance clubs. Bringing the kids? We’ve got bowling, mini-golf, go-karting and movies, all fun after dark!
- Legendary Panama City Beach Dining. Our famous, fresh seafood is all still readily available, and in addition we now have a huge variety of eclectic and international dining options to choose from! Dining on the water is a vacation in itself, so kick back for a few hours and relax with some great food, gorgeous water views and warm Gulf breezes.
- Come to Shop! Shopping is always a fun part of being on vacation, and there’s some great bargains to be had! Thanks in part to Pier Park, a large outdoor lifestyle center boasting everything from department stores to quirky galleries, you can find anything and everything here. Beach gear, trendy apparel and accessories, gifts and furnishings – Panama City Beach truly is a shopper’s paradise!
- 7. True Southern Hospitality. It’s no exaggeration – the southern charm and gracious hospitality of the locals is reason enough to visit Panama City Beach. Forget for a minute that these are the “World’s Most Beautiful Beaches.” Panama City Beach is also located in deep south USA, and everything from the regional cuisine to the laid-back atmosphere reflects this fact. Visit historical landmarks, stroll an antebellum mansion, or enjoy live blues music. Embrace the area’s southern roots and see a whole different side to Panama City Beach!