On October 1st, the Best of Thunder Beach Custom Bike Show will be held at Pier Park. Registration will begin at 10:00am, judging is scheduled for 12:00pm, and the awards presentation will be at 5:00pm. There is $15,000 in prize money and gift certificates available to winners.
Classes for judging are American Mild, American Wild, Metric Wild, Sportbike Mild, Sportbike Wild, Manufactured Custom, Radical, Bobber, Bagger Mild, Bagger Wild, Trike Mild, Trike Wild, Vintage Stock, Vintage Modified, and Rat.
Description of the different judging classes
- American: a cruiser using imperial sizes for nuts and bolts
- Metric: a cruiser using metric nuts and bolts rather than imperial sizes
- Sportbike: a motorcycle designed for optimal speed and handling characteristics, often with expensive bodywork
- Manufactured Custom: a motorcycle ordered straight from the manufacturer customized to wants and needs of the owners
- Radical: a motorcycle typically classified as a chopper, with high handlebars
- Bobber: a motorcycle with cut down fenders to appear shorter
- Bagger: a motorcycle equipped with saddlebags and other touring amenities
- Trike: a three-wheeled motorcycle that has not be dramatically customized
- Vintage: a motorcycle at least 20 years old
- Rat: a bike made from several machines and kept on the road using as cheap as possible and painted matt black
Motorcyclists and non-enthusiasts will be able to enjoy the bike show at Pier Park, looking at customization and fine engineering! Drive safe!