If you haven’t planned your trip to the beach for Columbus Day weekend, then get your bags packed, check out our condo rental availability calendar and fill up the tank. This weekend is the second annual Pirates of the High Seas Festival and will adorn Panama City Beach with pirates, a beach ball drop and parades.
Schedule of events
All events below will take place in Pier Park unless noted otherwise.
Friday October 5th
- Pirate and Wench (Adults) Costume Contest (6:00 p.m.)
Aspiring pirates and lasses can show off their high seas style.
- Pet Costume Contest (6:20 p.m.)
Scruffy scallywags, pampered pooches and feathered friends take the stage to display their pirate garb in a chance to capture the bounty.
- Second Line Parade (7:00 p.m.)
Mardi Gras style parade
- Beach Ball Drop (8:00 p.m.)
More than 8,000 inflated beach balls will create a sea of excitement as they fall from the sky onto Pier Park Drive.
Saturday October 6
- Run for the Treasure (7:30 a.m.)
Landlubbers will stretch their legs at pirate-themed Fun Run, 5K and Half Marathon hosted by Girl’s Inc. of Bay County at Aaron Bessant Park.
- Children’s Costume Contest, Treasure Hunt, Activities on BookIt.com Beach and Face Painting (12 noon)
Exciting activities and live music on the main stage presented just for petite pirates.
- Lookout for pirates in the Gulf of Mexico (4:00 p.m.)
The Midnight Princess and Sea Dragon ships sail the waters of the Gulf, battling to lay siege on the city.
- Pirates Raid Panama City Beach City Pier (4:30 p.m.)
Anchored offshore, the pirates invade City Pier seeking the keys to the city, followed by a children’s pirate parade. All costumed children are welcome to join the march.
- Pirate Parade (6:30 p.m.)
Royal pirates from the Krewe of Dominique Youx strut the streets alongside winners of costume contests and street performers to the Circle for music.
- Dueling Fireworks Show (8:00 p.m.)
Battle of the High Seas between County and City Piers as a mysterious pirate ship arrives offshore.